The Graphic Designer designs catalog page layouts and other associated mailing pieces in accordance with the company’s mission and philosophy.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
1. Create and design catalog page layouts, including cover, back cover, page two concepts and special treatments inside.
2. Create, maintain and revisit creative for assigned catalogs, assuring catalogs remain current.
3. Perform computer page building of catalog pages and all other associated mailing pieces.
4. Create, maintain and output art, logos and images for all catalogs and associated mailing pieces.
PERIODIC OR SECONDARY POSITION FUNCTIONS:
1. Create and design designated special smaller monthly projects.
2. Create computer layouts for special projects as assigned.
3. Proof catalog page printouts, Epson approvals and new copy as assigned (if needed).
4. Creative input is encouraged for improving all projects and job functions.
5. Catalog page building lead coordination (page assignments, style sheets, master page document, meeting deadlines).
The above listing of essential and periodic functions is not an inclusive listing of all duties that may be required to be performed.
1. Detail oriented.
2. Strong organizational skills
3. Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
4. Excellent creative abilities
5. Demonstrated ability to build relationships and communicate at all levels, both inside and outside the organization.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors of Fine Arts degree with a background in InDesign, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- One to two years of progressively responsible experience in print design and computer key lining.