A full-time, professional academic staff position is available in the College of Business beginning April 15, 2019. The working title for this assignment is Outreach Program Manager with an official title in the Administrative Manager series. This position contingent on performance and funding and reports to the dean. The salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution is required.
- Demonstrated student-centered attitude and behaviors.
- Demonstrated organizational and record-keeping skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop marketing communication activities and programs that further the College’s
mission and goals.
- Expressed interest in fund-raising activities.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- A master’s degree in marketing, communications, or a relevant field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully plan and implement campus and community outreach activities and events.
- Previous work experience in a higher education setting.
- Working knowledge of event planning with possible fund-raising components.
- Demonstrated ability to work with students, staff, and community members from a variety of backgrounds.
- Experience developing communication activities for students, faculty, staff, and community members.
The primary duties for the position are as follows:
- Help provide vision and leadership for the development of a comprehensive outreach program for the College of Business.
- Work in conjunction with the dean, associate dean, academic department chairs, members of the UW-Eau Claire Foundation staff, and other administrative units within the university to develop activities and programs that further the College’s mission and goals.
- Work in conjunction with the Business Advisory Council, Chamber of Commerce and other stakeholders outside the university to develop activities and program that further the College’s mission and goals.
- Foster relationships with our alumni and community partners.
- Plan, coordinate and implement various College of Business events and programs.
- Develop and oversee the production and maintenance of the College’s communications, including but not limited to an electronic newsletter, website, social media accounts, and internal communications.
- Assist the Dean in the College’s fund-raising initiatives.
- Work with the dean and Foundation to develop the goals, objectives, and tactics for solicitation programs.
- Support Foundation efforts to solicit funds from corporate and individual donors using personal visits, phone calls, direct mail, or other appropriate fund-raising techniques.
- Develop promotional tactics to support fund-raising activities.
- Write proposals for grants, special gifts, etc.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of up-to-date prospect lists in conjunction with the UW-Eau Claire Foundation.
Assist the Dean in the preparation of reports, correspondence, presentations, etc. Assist the Dean in overseeing the College’s Foundation and University gift accounts. Oversee student workers assigned to an outreach role.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean of the College of Business.
The College of Business at UW-Eau Claire is known as one of the top business schools in the Midwest. From outstanding faculty with hands-on expertise, to the numerous on- and off-campus opportunities to practice and develop skills, the College of Business provides the foundation needed for lifelong success in a business career. We offer programs in
accounting, finance, health care administration, information systems, international business, management, and marketing. With over 20 different major, minor, and certificate programs along with an online MBA program, the College of Business partners with local and regional companies to help our students get exposed to real-life issues and to be prepared for success in the business world. Our alumni and community play a substantial role in helping our students succeed.
More information about the College of Business and our mission can be found at:
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY:
UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,400 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty- undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation.
The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.
Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site:
You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the College of Business: Outreach Program Manager position (Job ID #--HR will assign this number) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
• Letter of application
• Curriculum vita
• Unofficial transcript
• Names and contact information for three references.
Please direct requests for additional information to:
Dr. Jean Pratt, Interim Associate Dean: email@example.com
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by March 8, 2019. However, screening may continue until position is filled. The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. A criminal background check is required prior to employment. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report (https://www.uwec.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/job- penings/upload/AnnualSecurityandFireReport-2.pdf) Also visit our Campus Security Authority policy (https://www.uwec.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/job- openings/upload/CleryCompliancePolicy.pdf)
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.