Impact your community and the lives of thousands of youth and families through employment as a Development Director. This role is an important part of helping secure funding so that the organization can fulfill its mission. The Boy Scouts of America is a national leader among non-profits and is committed to the development of entry-level employees allowing them the chance to truly be the “CEO” of their assigned area.
The Development Director will work with an existing team of volunteers and staff to ensure that vibrant youth programs exist in the Eau Claire area.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Work with a volunteer board of directors and other community and business leaders to coordinate several fundraising campaigns.
- Responsible for fundraising strategy to support organizations long and short term strategies
- Responsible for budget development and significant portion of the organizations operating funds related to donations, trust, endowment both deferred and real property.
- Applies knowledge of fundraising techniques, strategies, and current tax law.
- Success in writing grants.
- Provide quality service to volunteers through communication, coaching, and training
- Succeed in a goal and objective driven environment
- Be comfortable in public settings and working with a wide variety of people
- Ability to be organized, self-motivated, and responsible are critical
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university
- Ability to work varied hours when necessary including evenings and weekends
- Offers for employment are subject to criminal, reference and motor vehicle background checks
- 3 years experience in Non Profit fundraising experience.
- Preferred Grant Writing experience
- Submit a resume and cover letter to Tim Molepske, CEO firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chippewa Valley Councils are equal opportunity employers. In addition to offering a competitive salary. Offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, 403b match, plus compensation for authorized and approved business related expenses to include phone and mileage reimbursement. We also offer 24 annual days of PTO and holiday observances.