The Health Safety & Environment (HSE) Coordinator is the subject matter expert for our Mine/Plant facilities, working closely with the operational team leaders and the US Health & Safety Manager. The role’s core responsibilities are to ensure the effective implementation of the Source Energy Services (SES’s) Health and Safety Management system, assessing HSE performance and providing direction on gaps identified, in an effort to continually improve performance and reduce loss.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the SES Health, Safety & Environment Management System and ensure effective implementation through programs and processes.
• Ensure operational compliance with all safety and health regulations issued by local, state, and Mining Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) rule and regulations, and corporate policies.
• Develop programs and processes to ensure compliance to the SES HSE Management system and relative regulatory requirements.
• Encourage active employee and management participation in the Health & Safety program.
• Conduct safety training and/or education programs and demonstrate the use of safety equipment.
• Manage the operations safety training compliance to ensure a proper level of engagement.
• Conduct facility inspections to proactively seek out unsafe hazards and behaviors.
• Ensure that departmental and company goals and objectives are achieved by participating in short and long-range planning activities.
• Coach the operational leaders in conducting accident investigations, with attention given to the identification of root causes and effective corrective actions.
• Identify safety system weaknesses; recommending and implementing corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
• Participate in risk assessments and safety meetings.
• Assist in the coordination and direction of contractors and outside agencies in the areas of safety and compliance.
• Respond to and serves as a contact in the event of any serious incidents at company location.
• Assists HSE Manager in performing safety audits.
• Complete administrative duties of the Health and safety program, including MSHA requirements.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from accredited four-year college/university, preferred.
• Minimum 3 years related experience.
• Fundamental understanding of MSHA regulations and issues.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including communication and organizational skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel, as well as knowledge of the internet, and project management software.
• Ability to manage time effectively, set priorities, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
• Must be self-starting and self-motivated.