Cooperative Educational Service Agency 10 (CESA 10) is looking for an individual to serve as a full-time Distance Learning Network Technician to be based in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin. The technician will provide technical support and assistance to the users of the CESA 10 district learning networks and services.
The ideal candidate would possess an associate degree in applicable field with a bachelor degree preferred. The candidate will have experience with distance learning technologies for educational purposes and network infrastructure, including firewalls & cloud-based applications.
- Knowledge of emerging trends in technology including videoconferencing.
- Knowledge of technology and technology related systems in schools.
- Effective communications skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with fellow workers.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues.
- Ability to articulate technical concepts effectively to non-technical audiences.
- A strong customer service focus.
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgement to carry out work assignments.
• Provide technical support in the following distance learning networks:
- Central Wisconsin Educational Telecommunications Network (CWETN)
- Chippewa Area Distance Educational Network (CADENC)
- Project CIRCUIT
• Wisconsin Indianhead Narrowcast Network (WIN)
- Support subscribing members with video recording, streaming and archiving services.
- Maintain communication with all school districts within the networks to ensure records are accurate and technology is working properly.
- Assess and solve distance learning technical issues.
- Answer, evaluate, and prioritize incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and help desk requests from users experiencing technology problems.
- Effectively walk end users through a problem-solving process by responding to help requests in writing, over the phone, and/or in person.
- Follow up with end users to ensure that issues have been resolved.
- Occasionally assist with staff development and create training guides.
- Evaluate systems, prioritize workflow, and determine solutions.
More job description information is located at:
This is a full time position. Wages will be competitive. An excellent benefit package will be provided which includes health, dental, life and disability insurance, retirement benefits, Wisconsin Retirement System pension, and paid time off. Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, salary history or expectations and three (3) current letters of recommendation to email@example.com .
Deadline for applications will be April 19, 2019.