To support the Legal Department of Mason Companies, Inc. in performing legal services on behalf of the company by providing administrative support and other activities in accordance with the company’s mission, vision and values.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
1. Perform and coordinate administrative activities of the Legal Department.
2. Provide professional representation of the Legal Department in the delivery of legal services to internal and external stakeholders.
3. Manage technology systems utilized by the Legal Department.
4. Oversee and manage Legal Department files, records, materials and storage.
5. Research and collect information, documents and materials regarding assigned matters.
6. Draft, proofread and edit documents as requested.
7. Support attorneys and proactively enhance the performance and efficiency of the Legal Department.
8. Support Legal Department bookkeeping and budgeting activities.
9. Maintain Legal Department equipment and supplies.
10. Coordinate Legal Department meetings and schedules.
PERIODIC OR SECONDARY POSITION FUNCTIONS:
1. Legal research activities
2. Litigation management assistance
3. Insurance claims processing
4. Management of intellectual property portfolio
5. Internal investigation support
6. Corporate governance activities
* The above listing of essential and periodic functions is not an inclusive listing of all duties that may be required to be performed.
1. Ability to use a computer and other standard office equipment.
2. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and Outlook).
3. Ability and willingness to develop expertise in new technology and systems; must be technologically flexible.
4. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including language and grammar skills.
5. Excellent people skills, demonstrating empathy, diplomacy and tact.
6. Professional, polished and poised, with a tolerant and calm demeanor.
7. Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and willing to take initiative when appropriate.
8. Honest, ethical, with integrity, and able to maintain strict confidentiality.
9. Attention to detail, logical, careful, thorough, accurate and organized.
10. Practical, effective, efficient, able to prioritize, and demonstrating good judgment.
11. A dependable, cooperative, supportive, helpful, loyal team player.
12. Cheerful and pleasant, with a sense of humor.
13. Strong desire to learn, improve and grow.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
1. A minimum of two years of college is required, a bachelor’s degree is preferred.
2. 2-4 years of progressively responsible work experience is required.
3. Two years of experience working in an office environment is preferred.