The Documentation Specialist is a key member of the Quality Assurance team and will support quality efforts and initiatives throughout the organization. The position is responsible for collecting, maintaining, and distributing all documents necessary to define product configuration and control manufacturing processes that ensure conformance to customer requirements. The Documentation Specialist will develop and maintain a comprehensive filing system and computer databases for all documents to be retained and will ensure all users have the latest revision of appropriate documentation in a timely manner. The position will also assist in the creation of manufacturing process documents with the assistance of process subject matter experts Specific duties include:
• Input documents within our electronic documentation system and maintain the integrity of documentation, store documents, and provide administrative assistance to the Quality Assurance team
• Support and promote best practices and maintain documentation revision control to ensure security of system and integrity of documents
• Work closely with project teams to develop, maintain, and validate all project processes required to conform to organizational requirements
• Associate Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, or Management Information Systems and 2 years of document management system experience is required; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience leading the implementation of a document management system in a Quality Management System environment is preferred
• Basic analytical experience
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Ability to prioritize responsibilities and adhere to deadlines
We offer a competitive wage based on experience as well as a generous incentive plan. We also offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, 401K, and profit sharing.
To learn more about working at GFS, visit http://gfscareers.us
GFS is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce. Veterans, women, and minorities are encouraged to apply. GFS does not discriminate based on race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender-identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Careers at Global Finishing Solutions
The continued success of our company is made possible by our talented, hardworking employees. We believe that every employee “makes their mark” on a company. This is especially true for a company of our size and culture. Although a large and growing business — with more than 400 employees — our heart is in the small town, homegrown values.
Headquartered in Osseo, Wisconsin, we are just a short 20-minute drive to Eau Claire and less than a two-hour drive to the Twin Cities in Minnesota. Many of our employees enjoy spending their free time outdoors, with many year-round activities to choose from such as hunting, fishing, snowmobiling, boating and more!