Global Finishing Solutions is hiring for an experienced Welder to join our 1st shift fan and duct manufacturing team. This position is responsible for welding components onto industrial fan assemblies and specialty duct products as specified by the blue print and shear list. In this position you will apply MIG welding along with occasionally TIG welding skills. As a welder II, you will work independently and must have a strong focus to meet production goals by collaborating as a team
• Set up, run, and operate weld machine and CNC robotic welder
• Accurately read a tape measure down to 1/32nd of an inch
• Use of hand tools such as grinders, metal shears, drills, and hand-held plasma
• Perform periodic quality checks on production welding
• Every employee is expected to support the GFS Quality Management System (QMS) in accordance with our Quality System Manual and Quality Procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or GED with 2-4 years’ experience
• One-year certificate from Technical School is preferred
• Years of experience may substitute for certificate
• AWS D1.1 certificate
• Ability to use multiple pieces of equipment (torch, beam punch, band saw, and drill press)
• Ability to MIG weld light gauge galvanized steel
Schedule for Welder II
• Monday – Thursday 6 am-3:30 pm and Friday 7 am-11 am
We offer a competitive wage based on experience and performance as well as a generous incentive plan. We also offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short- and Long-Term Disability, 401k, and profit sharing.
To apply for the position, please go to www.gfscareers.us
GFS is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce. GFS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender-identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Careers at Global Finishing Solutions
Recognized worldwide, Global Finishing Solutions (GFS) is the leading manufacturer of paint booths and finishing systems for a wide variety of industries — including automotive collision repair, aviation, industrial manufacturing, marine, military and defense, rail and transit, trucking and wood finishing. Our strength is in custom building finishing equipment to meet the unique needs of each customer. From sales and engineering to marketing and manufacturing, this variety of work makes our jobs exciting.
We believe that every employee ‘makes their mark’ on a company. A rapidly growing business, we are continuously seeking candidates to fill both new and vacant positions. Join us and see how you can make your mark.