Slice on Slice (SOS) Utility Operator
The Utility operator is responsible for covering all SOS positions during breaks or in the event of employee absences. The job functions include:
SOS Machine Operation
- Responsible for start up and the operation of the SOS machine.
Overwrap Machine Operation
- Responsible for start up and the operation of the overwrap machine.
- Responsible for manufacturing the right product from the correct recipe, to the correct specification for filling the SOS machine
- Responsible for weighing the correct dry ingredients for each batch
- Responsible for some lab testing of each batch
The Utility operator must be familiar with all the responsibilities and duties of each SOS position, including the lead position. You will be required to know and understand the complete process from start to finish, as well as knowing how to clean the entire line. Occasionally, in the event of the lead absence the utility must fill in as the back up lead.
Utility Operator must also be familiar with the cheese making process and the impact of any deviation from the recipe. As a Utility you must be able to work with people and have basic mechanical skills. The utility operator must be able to adapt to the numerous job requirements. Lifts 50 to 55 lbs regularly and occasionally must be able to lift 64 lbs. Must be able to operate flow meters, steam controllers, cooker and blender controls. The position may require working with chemicals. Some climbing will also be required, as well as cleaning of equipment and work areas.