Work with volunteers, including community and business leaders, to identify, recruit, train, and guide team to achievement of goals which include: program development through collaborative relationships, volunteer recruitment and training, fundraising, membership recruitment and retention.
Work to raise adequate financial support for programs in assigned area.
Be a good role model and recognize the importance of working relationships with other professionals and volunteers. The district executive must have communication skills and be able to explain the program’s goals and objectives to the public.
Provide quality service through timely communication, regular meetings, training events and activities.
Have a willingness and ability to devote long and irregular hours to achieve council and district objectives.
- Background in marketing, fundraising, and volunteer organization is highly desired. Sales experience is a plus.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and interacting with diverse audiences.
- Excellent people skills, enthusiastic, punctual, responsible, and creative.
- Self-motivated individual with solid time management skills and strong organizational skills in management, budgeting, and planning.
- Committed to personal and professional productivity, while maintaining high ethical and professional working standards.
- Must be willing to accept and meet the Boy Scout of America’s leadership and membership standards and subscribe to the Scout Oath and Law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (transcript with the date degree conferred stated is required for employment).
- Attained 21 years of age or older unless prohibited by any applicable law.
- Ability to work varied hours when necessary, evening activities and weekend work is frequently required to achieve positive objectives.
- Ability to travel for training at least once a year for one to two weeks.
- A Scouting background is helpful but not required for employment.
- Offers for employment are subject to criminal, reference and motor vehicle background checks.
Compensation**: Salary 30,000-40,000 per year
All councils are equal opportunity employers. In addition to offering a competitive salary, Professional Scouting offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, a defined benefit retirement plan, plus compensation for authorized and approved business related expenses to include phone and mileage reimbursement. We also offer generous vacation policy and holiday observances.