Electrical Controls Engineer
The Electrical Controls Engineer II provides leadership and guidance to Engineering and Design personnel in the pursuit of the proper application of design standards and code requirements. Provides technical guidance to cross-functional teams which includes internal and external resources. The Electrical Controls Engineer II will also work collaboratively with Sales, Manufacturing, and other departments to meet customer specifications.
• Lead or participate in multi-discipline product development and corrective action teams to address product cost, quality, and delivery concerns
• Design complex controls systems that integrate hardware and software which includes HMI and PLC programming
• Analyze and propose design concepts consistent with NFPA, UL, NEC code requirements
• Use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks and adhere to engineering and design standards
• Assist with preventative maintenance, emergency response, consulting, warranty, repair, and technical direction on industrial electrical equipment
• Travel to job sites to direct and coordinate start-up, operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment and systems in field installations
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with 3-8 years of experience or Master’s Degree in Engineering with 0-6 years of experience
• Experience with programmable logic controllers (PLC) and operator interface controllers such as HMI’s or touchscreens is required. This includes Allen Bradley and/or Siemens Automation.
• Understanding of operational processes, electrical power, electrical controls, pneumatics, and HVAC systems is preferred
• Passed relevant Professional Engineer exam preferred
• Ability to travel (up to 20%) is required
GFS is interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas for this position.
To learn more about working at GFS, visit http://gfscareers.us
We offer a competitive wage based on experience as well as a generous incentive plan. We also offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability, 401K, and profit sharing.
GFS is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce. GFS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender-identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Careers at Global Finishing Solutions
The continued success of our company is made possible by our talented, hardworking employees. We believe that every employee “makes their mark” on a company. This is especially true for a company of our size and culture. Although a large and growing business — with more than 400 employees — our heart is in the small town, homegrown values. Headquartered in Osseo, Wisconsin, we are just a short 20-minute drive to Eau Claire and less than a two-hour drive to the Twin Cities in Minnesota. Many of our employees enjoy spending their free time outdoors, with many year-round activities to choose from such as hunting, fishing, snowmobiling, boating and more!