Full time Mechanical Drafter position is currently open.
Monday - Thursday being 9 hr days (7:30-5:00) & Friday being a 4 hr day (8:00-12:00).
- Candidate is required to have a diploma beyond high school. Knowledge and skill to produce technical drawings to be used for manufacturing.
- Good understanding of solidworks and autocad with at least 3 years of experience.
- Have good written and verbal ability.
- Must be able to work independently with moderate supervision
- Multi-tasking ability.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Pre-employment drug screening required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create, maintain all solidworks parts, assemblies & drawings.
- Create & maintain all Autocad drawings.
- Create Hydraulic diagrams with bill of materials & then create bill of materials list for assemblies.
- Confirm parts material, purchase price, cutting length and calculate cost.
- Print, release, collect, and file blue prints release log.
- Maintain master drawing book and print release log.
- Maintain die cast machine parts books.
- Retrieve past prints from previous jobs.
- Verify prints from previous jobs.
- Verify prints to sample parts.
- Measure sample parts to mfg. new.
- Up keep jobs box.
- Maintain revision book.
- Back up all files.
- Create book of layouts for die cast machine rebuilds.
- Photograph all incoming and outgoing job parts.
- Maintain camera battery, replace and file sd cards when full.
- Consult with mechanical managers to design, lay out, or detail components and systems and to resolve design or other problems.
- Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed.
- Position instructions and comments onto drawings.
- Provide documentation, detailed instructions, drawings, or specifications to mechanical managers, production, procurement, and vendors about how devices, parts, equipment, or structures are to be fabricated, constructed, assembled, modified, maintained, or used.
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meeting.
- Perform other day to day tasks assigned.