Electrical Controls Engineer
Recognized worldwide, Global Finishing Solutions (GFS) is the leading manufacturer of paint booths and finishing systems for a wide variety of industries — including automotive collision repair, aviation, industrial manufacturing, marine, military and defense, rail and transit, trucking and wood finishing. Our strength is in custom building finishing equipment to meet the unique needs of each customer. From sales and engineering to marketing and manufacturing, this variety of work makes our jobs exciting.
About This Opportunity
Global Finishing Solutions is seeking an Electrical Controls Engineer to provide leadership and guidance to Engineering and Design personnel in the pursuit of the proper application of design standards and code requirements. This position will provide technical guidance to cross-functional teams which includes internal and external resources. Additionally, you will work collaboratively with Sales, Manufacturing, and other departments to meet customer specifications.
What You Will Do:
• Lead or participate in multi-discipline product development and corrective action teams to address product cost, quality, and delivery concerns
• Design complex controls systems that integrate hardware and software which includes HMI and PLC programming
• Analyze and propose design concepts consistent with NFPA, UL, NEC code requirements
• Use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks and adhere to engineering and design standards
• Assist with preventative maintenance, emergency response, consulting, warranty, repair, and technical direction on industrial electrical equipment
• Travel to job sites to direct and coordinate start-up, operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment and systems in field installations
What You Have to Offer:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with 3-8 years of experience or Master’s Degree in Engineering with 0-6 years of experience
• Experience with programmable logic controllers (PLC) and operator interface controllers such as HMI’s or touchscreens is required. This includes Allen Bradley and/or Siemens Automation.
• Understanding of operational processes, electrical power, electrical controls, pneumatics, and HVAC systems is preferred
• Passed relevant Professional Engineer exam preferred
• Ability to travel (up to 20%) is required
What We Have to Offer:
• We offer a competitive compensation package, generous incentive plan, 401k and profit sharing, health, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability.
• Development and career advancement opportunities.
• Opportunity to make your mark in a highly dynamic and growing work environment where you are empowered to make decisions and share in our company’s success.
Learn More About US:
Careers at Global Finishing Solutions:
We believe that every employee ‘makes their mark’ on a company. A rapidly growing business, we are continuously seeking candidates to fill both new and vacant positions. Join us and see how you can make your mark.
To apply for the position, please go to www.gfscareers.us
GFS is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce. Veterans, women, and minorities are encouraged to apply. GFS does not discriminate based on race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.