This position facilitates play groups/parent-child activity sessions and Parent Cafés for Family Support Center's River Source Family Center program, primarily in rural areas of Chippewa County.
This position is 20 hours per week with hours on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. The Family Support Center provides vacation and sick leave benefits.
Play Groups and Parent Cafés provide parent education and support to parents with children age 5 and under by:
- Providing opportunities for parents to connect and develop supportive networks
- Parent coaching in a fun and casual environment
- Modeling play activity which encourages social and emotional development. The position will develop additional play groups and occasionally provide other parent support activities.
- This position is also responsible for offering evidence informed best practice guidance on typical parenting challenges and concerns.
Minimum degree required is a bachelor's degree in social work, human development and family studies, Education, Early Childhood Education or other human services related field. Other important qualifications include:
- Experience providing parent education and support in group settings
- Experience working with a wide variety of families
- Experience and skill in developing collaborative relationships with multiple agencies.
Please send resume, cover letter, names and contact information for three work related references (2 from supervisors) to Becce Woestman, Family Support Center, P.O. Box 143, Chippewa Falls, WI 54729.
Materials may also be e-mailed to email@example.com.
All materials must be received by July 26.
For more information, please call Becce Woestman or Geri Segal at 715-723- 1138.