Recognized worldwide, Global Finishing Solutions (GFS) is the leading manufacturer of paint booths and finishing systems for a wide variety of industries — including automotive collision repair, aviation, industrial manufacturing, marine, military and defense, rail and transit, trucking and wood finishing. Our strength is in custom building finishing equipment to meet the unique needs of each customer. From sales and engineering to marketing and manufacturing, this variety of work makes our jobs exciting.
About This Opportunity:
Global Finishing Solutions is seeking a Designer to join our Drafting and Design department. In this role, you will translate the ideas, rough sketches, and specifications from the customer/sales personnel and engineering team into general production and installation prints and bills of material which are used in the fabrication, assembly, and installation of company products. This position is a temporary role, expected to last 6-8 months.
What You Will Do:
• Use CAD software to design and create concept, assembly, and detail drawings which illustrate the product design
• Create accurate bills of materials
• Provide basic support for all other departments as needed
• Apply industry standards in the performance of daily functions and provide quality control checks on all assembly drawings, detail drawings, and bills of material
• Have knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures while relying on established guidelines to perform daily functions
• Work under supervision while interfacing with engineers and other designers in a team environment.
• Work with guidance from engineers and project managers in developing layouts
• Create general manufacturing details, such as blank views and beam details, which call out quantities, sizes, and dimensions of materials used in the fabrication process
• Create packing lists for the shipping department to be able to ship all components for each job
What You Have to Offer:
• Associates degree with 0-2 years of experience in mechanical and/or electrical design; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience with Inventor is preferred as well as AutoCAD or AutoCAD Electrical
• Prior experience with both 2D and 3D designs
What We Have to Offer:
• We offer a competitive compensation package, generous incentive plan, 401k and profit sharing, health, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability.
• Development and career advancement opportunities.
• Opportunity to make your mark in a highly dynamic and growing work environment where you are empowered to make decisions and share in our company’s success.
Learn More About Us:
Careers at Global Finishing Solutions:
We believe that every employee ‘makes their mark’ on a company. A rapidly growing business, we are continuously seeking candidates to fill both new and vacant positions. Join us and see how you can make your mark.
To apply for the position, please go to www.gfscareers.us
GFS is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce. Veterans, women, and minorities are encouraged to apply. GFS does not discriminate based on race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.