Manager, Project Management
Recognized worldwide, Global Finishing Solutions (GFS) is the leading manufacturer of paint booths and finishing systems for a wide variety of industries — including automotive collision repair, aviation, industrial manufacturing, marine, military and defense, rail and transit, trucking and wood finishing. Our strength is in custom building finishing equipment to meet the unique needs of each customer. From sales and engineering to marketing and manufacturing, this variety of work makes our jobs exciting.
About This Opportunity:
The Manager, Project Management is responsible for providing leadership and direction to the Project Management team to achieve growth, quality, and financial objectives of GFS. This role will work with project managers, sales, engineering, and others on projects of the small to multimillion-dollar size and will determine actions needed within the team to execute a strategy to ensure successful project completion.
What You Will Do:
• Provide direct leadership on all construction projects, report project status appropriately, and ensure stakeholders, and all team members have a clear and accurate view of the current project status
• Responsible for governance, which involves working with the overarching structure, processes, and procedures to accomplish objections
• Provide decision-making capacity and problem-solving methods to support project managers as they encounter challenges on their projects
• Provide development and feedback discussions with the team to ensure proper alignment with the company, department, and individual growth needs. This also includes the ability to recognize growth opportunities within the team for performance improvement or professional development.
• Develop and implement long term strategies and tactical action plans to support growth objectives
What You Have to Offer:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management or other business-related fields
• 8+ years of related experience in a management role, preferably in the construction field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience with process development and continuous improvement
• Experience with contract negotiation
• Project Management Professional certification is desired
• Experience in a construction-related industry
What We Have to Offer:
• We offer a competitive compensation package, generous incentive plan, 401k and profit sharing, health, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability.
• Development and career advancement opportunities.
• Opportunity to make your mark in a highly dynamic and growing work environment where you are empowered to make decisions and share in our company’s success.
Learn More About Us:
Careers at Global Finishing Solutions:
We believe that every employee ‘makes their mark’ on a company. A rapidly growing business, we are continuously seeking candidates to fill both new and vacant positions. Join us and see how you can make your mark.
To learn more about working at GFS, visit www.gfscareers.us
GFS is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce. Veterans, women, and minorities are encouraged to apply. GFS does not discriminate based on race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.