J&D Manufacturing, a local, family-owned manufacturer of agricultural systems and equipment is seeking a qualified Shipping Associate to verify and keep records on outgoing shipments, prepare items for shipment, assemble, address and ship merchandise or materials.
This position would be scheduled Monday – Thursday or Tuesday – Friday 6:30am - 5:00pm, 4-10 hour DAYS, with the possibility of overtime. J&D is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming and/or outgoing shipments.
- Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and record keeping purposes.
- Confer and correspond with other departments to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and non-conformance to specifications.
- Pack, seal, and label material to prepare it for shipping, using work devices such as hand and power tools.
- Attach J&D Manufacturing Shipping Cards on ALL shipments.
- Pull completed orders and other products needed to complete orders.
- Load orders for customers that arrive on-site to pick up orders, while maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Assist in all areas of Shipping/Receiving Department, as needed.
- Keep all aisle ways and fire doors free of materials.
- Participate in all aspects of final product quality control inspections affected by warehouse and shipping in coordination with Supervisors/Managers and other departments.
- Follow good housekeeping practices within the facility, including effective use of all warehouse space, and in external staging areas.
- Inspect forklift at the beginning of each shift and follows designated checklist.
- Reports all defects/concerns to supervisor/manager immediately.
- Submits checklist daily to supervisor/manager.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for generating team spirit and creating and maintaining a personal attitude and work environment that fosters the highest level of employee cooperation, morale and satisfaction
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- One to two years related experience and/or training.
- Experience driving a forklift is required.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Must have excellent attention to detail skills and extreme accuracy.