The purpose for this role is to set up and operate a variety of CNC machines, Swiss machines, and manual turning machines to perform a series of machining operations as defined in the job routings such as turning, boring, threading, and facing on metal and plastic work pieces. We have openings on 2nd, weekend day, and weekend night shifts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position may participate in one or more of the following duties as directed by supervision or management.
Machinists will be asked to run a variety of different machines. These machines include Verticals, Horizontals, Swiss, and Turning. The following information includes the duties and responsibilities involved with these various machines:
- Reads and understands blueprint, job routings, tooling instructions, and standard charts for such specifications as dimensions, tolerances, and tooling instructions such as type of holding fixtures, cutting speeds, feed rates, and cutting tools to be used.
- Load and set tools while understanding run out, tool length stick outs, and proper holder based on what the tool is doing.
- Positions and secures tools in tool holders on turret and cross slide.
- Write programs in appropriate language to set specified rotation speeds, feed rates, and depth of cuts. Also, edit programs with proper approval and manually program at the machine when needed.
- Load and send programs.
- Recognize, understand and properly adjust dull or chipped tooling.
- Able to set and adjust work offsets, tool wear lengths, and cutter comp.
- Adjusts workshift offsets of tools at each station.
- Must be able to run more than one machine where cycle time permits.
- Perform Quality Control Characteristics documentation of tolerance zones specified on blueprints.
- Set up and operate machine tools and machines, make fixtures, and assemble fixtures- for experimental purposes.
- Able to modify tools as needed.
- Straighten plates and parts as needed with Arbor press or other methods.
Two-year certificate in Machine Tool from college or technical college
At least 5 years experience in a similar position in a machine shop and /or training is preferred.
- Ability to read blueprints and working knowledge of GD&T.
- Must have strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Exceptional problem solving and decision making skills and the ability to think independently.
To apply for a Machinist position with Riverside Machine, please visit the Careers tab at www.riversidemachine.com and apply online.