Electrical Designer II
Recognized worldwide, Global Finishing Solutions (GFS) is the leading manufacturer of paint booths and finishing systems for a wide variety of industries — including automotive collision repair, aviation, industrial manufacturing, marine, military and defense, rail and transit, trucking and wood finishing. Our strength is in custom building finishing equipment to meet the unique needs of each customer. From sales and engineering to marketing and manufacturing, this variety of work makes our jobs exciting.
About This Opportunity:
Global Finishing Solutions is seeking an Electrical Designer II to join our Electrical Design team. In this role, you will provide guidance and/or execute the translation of ideas, rough sketches, and specifications from the customer/sales personnel and engineering team. Along with generating working plans which will be used in the fabrication, assembly, and installation of company products.
What You Will Do:
• Use CAD software to design and create concept, assembly, and detail drawings which illustrate the product design of a complex nature
• Prepare submittal and install print drawings packages for customers
• Provide support during the installation process for on-site crews to provide clarification and/or troubleshoot
• Provide basic support for all other departments as needed
• Use problem-solving skills to help sales and engineering develop solutions to space and performance constraints
• Apply industry standards in the performance of daily functions and provide quality control checks on all assembly drawings, detail drawings, and bills of material
• Program and configure software for electrical equipment, including programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and human-machine interfaces (HMIs)
• Prepare layout drawing of panel assemblies and apply critical dimensions to create new or modify existing designs.
• Troubleshoot and test electrical control panels, onsite and in the field, prior to shipping to customer job sites
What You Have to Offer:
• Associates degree with 2-5 years of experience in mechanical and/or electrical design; or a bachelor’s degree with 0-2 years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience with Inventor is required as well as AutoCAD or AutoCAD Electrical
• Prior experience with completing complex 2D and 3D designs
• Ability to handle ambiguous information and coordinate resolution
What We Have to Offer:
• We offer a competitive compensation package, generous incentive plan, 401k and profit sharing, health, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability.
• Development and career advancement opportunities.
• Opportunity to make your mark in a highly dynamic and growing work environment where you are empowered to make decisions and share in our company’s success.
Learn More About Us:
Careers at Global Finishing Solutions:
We believe that every employee ‘makes their mark’ on a company. A rapidly growing business, we are continuously seeking candidates to fill both new and vacant positions. Join us and see how you can make your mark.
To apply for the position, please go to www.gfscareers.us
GFS is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce. Veterans, women, and minorities are encouraged to apply. GFS does not discriminate based on race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.