This individual will be responsible for assisting the Clinical Care Director with the hands-on healthcare coordination and oversight of resident care. Will also assist with oversight of the Clinical Care Team in accordance with current Federal, State, and local regulations as well as community policies and procedures.
This position pays between $17 and $22/hour depending on qualifications.
• Weekly cleaning, organizing, and auditing of the medication carts and medication room.
• Checking inventory of medication carts and medication room and regularly re-ordering anything not on cycle fill.
• Preparing paperwork for and participating in care conferences.
• Greeting PM visitors and leading PM tours.
• Managing the facility during PM hours, including but not limited to; assisting on the floor, facilitating communication, answering phones, etc.
• Participating in a community survey conducted by the department of health as necessary or as directed.
• Participating in the Quality System Tracer Review meeting and developing/implementing appropriate plans of action to correct identified deficiencies.
• Assisting in planning for resident admissions and discharges.
• Assisting fellow team members in maintaining a clean, homelike environment that is free from hazards by tidying up spaces, cleaning up after residents, and ensuring that they always look presentable.
• Performing daily rounds to monitor and evaluate resident care, proper medication storage area, equipment, etc.
• Providing mentoring, training, and oversight to the clinical care staff as their job responsibilities increase.
• Ensuring that medical and clinical care is administered in accordance with the resident's wishes and per the ISP.
• Monitoring that shift reports are being completed.
• Completing assessments on residents as their conditions change, upon needing review per DHS 83 regulations, and documenting in the resident record as those care needs change.
• Completing notifications/communications to family, physicians, MCOs, and outside sources as resident care needs change, incidents occur, etc.
• Assisting all outside providers with rounds while at the community to ensure all major concerns are addressed.
• Maintaining the confidentiality of all resident care information.
• Ensuring residents are treated with dignity and respect and resident rights are maintained.
• Acting as a liaison between the residents, their families, and support departments to adequately plan for the resident's needs.
• Reviewing new orders and MAR daily.
• Supervising and reviewing the transcription process, medication and equipment ordering, and pharmacy cycle fill.
• Evaluating, supervising, and assisting with all resident care, performing hands-on cares, assessments (weight, skin, etc.), and medication passes as needed.
• Following Infection Control policies and procedures, as well as tracking all infections for residents and staff.
• Participating in administrative meetings and other gatherings as deemed necessary.
• Completing proper documentation in electronic medical record.
• Showing up for work on time and following the appropriate call-in procedure when necessary.
• Maintaining a high standard and professional dress attire.
• Attending all mandatory staff in-services.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
• Following rules and regulations outlined in DHS 83 and CSL Policies and Procedures that are not specifically outlined above.
• Must be an RN or LPN with an active license for the state of Wisconsin.
• Must hold a valid Medical Assistant Certification.
• Must be available to work Full-Time, 1:00pm-9:30pm
• Experience in CCU, ICU, or Emergency Room preferred, but not required.
• Additional education in rehabilitative or geriatric nursing preferred, but not required.
• CBRF Registry, CPR/AED certified, and Alzheimer’s/Dementia care experience preferred, but not required.
• This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching all day and possibly for prolonged periods of time.
• The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell.
• The employee must regularly lift and move items up to 25lbs and frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
• The employee is occasionally required to push or pull up to 100 pounds frequently.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Please visit bit.ly/csl-lpn or call 888.651.7220 for more details!