Our community is growing, so our staffing needs are, too! We are currently hiring Clinical Care Assistants for ALL SHIFTS. Full-Time, Part-Time, and Casual positions are available. Come join a fantastic team with great pay and benefits! Check out all the details below.
This individual will earn $12-$14/hour depending on qualifications. NOC shift employees will also receive a $.25/hour differential.
This individual will be responsible for providing compassionate care and services to Cambridge residents in accordance with each resident's individual service plan, while promoting a person-centered care environment that recognizes quality of life and emotional health for all residents and employees. Duties to include, but not limited to the following:
• Caring for residents in the community by adhering to all community policies and procedures.
• Reviewing all tasks before performing cares to ensure updated cares are being completed.
• Assisting residents with Activities of Daily Living (ADL's) to include but not limited to; bathing, showering, dressing, grooming, shaving, nail care, hair care, eating, making bed, doing laundry, ambulating, and helping to activities and other functions.
• Encouraging residents to participate in activities, socialization, and regular exercise.
• Occasionally accompanying residents on activity outings.
• Reporting unusual symptoms and problems of residents to supervisors immediately.
• Maintaining daily records by documenting tasks completed in the resident electronic medical record and notifying the Clinical Care Team of any changes.
• Monitoring the Clinical Care Call System for emergency calls and responding appropriately.
• Working together with the Culinary staff to provide general assistance with resident meals including serving meals, clearing tables, and straightening the dining room(s) after meals.
• Assisting all community staff, as needed, if own tasks are completed.
• Answering telephones and assisting visitors in an assertively friendly manner.
• Conducting work tasks safely and in compliance.
• Providing effective and courteous service to all residents, guests, and co-workers.
• Promoting and protecting the rights of all residents.
• Performing other related essential duties as required.
• Assisting residents in transporting to scheduled appointments for exams, if necessary.
• Administering medications as ordered by physician and documenting medications administered on MAR.
• Signing in medication deliveries by the pharmacy.
• Assisting fellow team members in maintaining a clean, homelike environment that is free from hazards by tidying up spaces, cleaning up after residents, and ensuring that they always look presentable.
• Obtaining resident vitals.
• Informing Management Team Directors of unsafe conditions in the building and report any suspected or actual abuse/neglect immediately.
• Completing daily cleaning tasks as assigned.
• Arriving for scheduled shifts on time and follow protocol for calling-in or trading shifts.
• Completing shift to shift report at the beginning/end of shift with staff.
• Maintaining resident confidentiality to ensure the security of resident property and files.
• Always keeping all unauthorized rooms locked to prevent the resident from entering.
• Always displaying professional appearance and attitude.
• Communicating with Management Team Directors regarding concerns related to: staffing, schedules, resident issues.
• Maintaining professional boundaries, to not contribute or spread gossip.
• Attending all mandatory staff in-services.
• Following rules and regulations outlined in DHS 83 and CSL Policies and Procedures that are not specifically outlined above.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Certified Nursing Assistant preferred, but not required.
• 1+ years’ experience as Resident Aide, or similar position, in an assisted living or nursing facility preferred, but not required.
• CBRF Registry, CPR/AED certified, and Alzheimer’s/Dementia care experience preferred, but not required.
• This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching all day and possibly for prolonged periods of time.
• The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell.
• The employee must regularly lift and move items up to 25lbs and frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
• The employee is occasionally required to push or pull up to 100 pounds frequently.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
TO APPLY: Visit bit.ly/csl-clinical, or give us a call at 888.651.7220 for more details!