The Mining Superintendent will provide leadership and direction to the mining operations team and oversee the day-to-day management of the company’s mining and reserve activities.
Please apply on our website:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the production of surface mining, safety, quality, scheduling, permitting, mining and reserve sites.
- Assist with the creation and development of mine planning and annual material movements for mining operations and reserve planning.
- Perform frequent reviews and reconciliations of the mine plans and tracking of KPIs.
- Focus on continuous improvement in efficiency, effectiveness, safety and profitability of mining and reserve sites.
- Maintain constant communication with Plant Managers.
- Continue to develop a safe, improvement-focused operation, through a work force empowered by comprehensive training, effective communications, clear operating goals and recognition for achievement.
- Compile reports.
- Oversee the coordination of drilling and blasting with contractors.
- Oversee preventative maintenance and repairs for mobile equipment and train employees in their operation.
- Assist with storm water controls and maintain water levels in storm water ponds.
- Liaise with reclamation, tree clearing and local neighbors as required.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- 5+ years’ experience managing mining operations.
- Degree in mining, geology, or engineering (or equivalent experience), preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of developing innovative, cost effective solutions with strong evidence of systemic thinking and root cause analysis.
- Strong project management skills, including budgeting, planning, and monitoring capital expenditures.
- Working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions common to heavy equipment operations.
- MSHA certification preferred
- Microsoft Office experience.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to observe proper safety precautions.