To provide overall supervision to the Customer Care Contact Center team. To drive operational excellence across physical customer care call center(s) and a virtual, work at home customer care center. Responsible for supervision, motivating and support of Supervisors, Senior Team Leaders, Team Leaders and Customer Care Professionals ensuring an outstanding Customer Experience is delivered on all contacts and translating the organization’s business mission, vision, values and goals into its Customer Care operations.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
1. Inspire, motivate and lead customer care contact center team members to perform at their highest level handling all customer care contacts in a timely, efficient and knowledgeable manner.
2. Provide daily direction and communication to customer care team, creating and maintaining a high-quality, professional and fun work environment.
3. Champion, improve, and execute world-class Customer Experience processes and procedures
4. Partner with the Senior Customer Care Operations Manager and Director to develop the Customer Care team including but not limited to professional and personal development, establishing clearly defined and realistic performance goals and scorecards to measure performance at the team and individual level.
5. Responsible for monitoring and driving KPIs related to improving the customer’s and our employee’s experiences.
6. Direct and support Supervisors and Team Leaders to ensure key metrics at the team and individual levels are being met through coaching, continuous improvement, performance evaluations and corrective action up to termination, if necessary.
7. Empathetically respond to employees who experience work and/or personal problems, providing appropriate coaching, direction and resolution; appropriate judgment in upward communication in escalating or sharing information with Customer Care Contact Center Senior Manager, Director, and/or Human Resources is of upmost importance.
8. Initiate decisive and corrective action if performance fails to meet operational goals. Must ensure all proper company and legal processes have been followed including appropriate coaching and documentation.
9. Monitor and manage Outlier reporting, ensuring the Supervisors and Team Leaders are coaching and following up on performance improvement plans.
10. Handle customer escalation calls and own resolution to meet customer’s needs.
11. Responsible for opening and closing procedures and handling escalations for issues impacting the contact center such as outages, weather or other site-level emergencies.
12. Assist in professional development and training and continuous education of Supervisors and Team Leaders.
13. Assist with interviewing new employees or internal positions.
14. Provide continual evaluation of processes and procedures and suggest methods to improve area operations, efficiency and service to both internal and external customers.
15. Provide for and continually monitor safety and security practices within the contact center.
16. Generate or review daily, weekly and monthly reporting and statistics on adherence, attendance and ACD/ information for management and capacity planning as requested.
17. Hours may vary based on time of year and business needs.
PERIODIC OR SECONDARY POSITION FUNCTIONS:
1. Assist in maintaining department records.
2. Over-site of system information and integrity of data (i.e. agent data, schedule adjustments)
3. Conduct department meetings.
4. Complete and/or coordinate department projects as assigned.
5. Represent the Customer Care Team and serve on various committees and project teams.
The above listing of essential and periodic functions is not an inclusive listing of all duties that may be required to be performed.
This job manages the day to day operations of the Customer Care team.
1. Must have proven experience managing and improving performance in a customer contact center.
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills is required.
3. Proven ability to lead, inspire and motivate teams to perform at their best.
4. A motivated, decisive, self-starter with excellent time management and organizational skills.
5. Must have a passion for providing superior service to employees and customers.
6. Must be able to think and plan strategically while acting tactically to meet goals.
7. Excellent analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
8. Strong presentation skills (creating and presenting) to all levels.
9. Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office products.
10. Proven ability and passion for personally and professionally developing people.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in business management or related field.
2. Three to five years’ experience providing customer service, contact center experience preferred
3. Three plus years of supervisory/management experience in a contact center or other retail environment.
4. Experience managing staff planning and schedules.
5. Experience in and/or working knowledge of the typical Contact Center technology/systems, including ACD/PBX, WFM, Quality, etc.
6. Experience with conducting business process reviews, recommending enhancements, implementing solutions, and delivering measurable business results in a fast-track environment.