EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WEAU)— Sarah Agena, with the Wisconsin Potato & Vegetable Growers Association, shares a recipe for National Nutrition Month.
Potato Breakfast Bars
3 1/2 cups frozen hash browns coarsely chopped
2 cups quick oats gluten-free
1 cup potato flakes
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups Whole milk or milk alternative
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
1 tsp orange zest
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups fresh blueberries
1 1/2 cups toasted unsweetened coconut flakes
2/3 cup sliced almonds
1 tsp kosher salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
2. In a mixing bowl, add hash browns, quick oats, and potato flakes.
3. In a separate mixing bowl whisk eggs, whole milk, heavy cream, white sugar, orange zest, and vanilla extract.
4. Fold in the wet ingredients into the potatoes and oats mixture.
5. Fold in blueberries, toasted coconut, almonds, and salt.
6. Spray an 8-cavity loaf pan with cooking spray. Line an 8-cavity loaf pan with parchment and spray with more cooking spray. Measure out 6 ounces of the mixture into each cavity and press down on bar to make level. Sprinkle with more coconut and almond slices.
7. Bake in convection oven for 25 minutes until the edges are sllightly browned and the bars are firm to the touch. Cut into 2"x 2" squares.