Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin-Quiche
With warmer temperatures and longer days, Tina Peterson, with Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin, is featuring a meal that will get you outside and out of the kitchen.
She is featuring a favorite mealtime hero: the quiche.
The fun with a quiche is that they are customizable. You can experiment with cooked meats, vegetables, and of course award-winning specialty cheese from Wisconsin. Add depth with bolder flavors like smoked gouda or pepper jack. Adding dill havarti or a habanero cheddar will make your dish unique and tasty. With simple prep, a delicious egg base and endless filling options, it is no wonder we are calling our quiche: The Brunch Hero!
Helpful quiche tips:
1. Using a hand or stand mixer ensures your eggs are smooth and mixed completely.
2. It is best to pre-cook all ingredients for your quiche. Pat off any excess fats or oils with a paper towel prior to adding to the quiche for best results.
3. You can easily reheat a quiche in the oven at a low temperature.
4. Prepare several quiches at once and freeze extras to enjoy for another occasion.
5. Quiche can be served hot, at room temperature or cold.
Today’s featured recipes:
• Spicy Southwest Crustless Quiche-Love spicy foods? If so, pepper jack is crafted by blending buttery, mild monterey jack cheese with red and green jalapeno peppers. The amount of spicy heat varies by brand.
• Bacon Gouda Crustless Quiche-If you love a smoky flavor, this gouda is for you! Smooth, creamy goudas are often coated with a food-grade wax that protects the cheese and helps maintain moisture. It’s best to remove the coating before serving.
You'll know it's one of ours when you see the badge! Look for the Proudly Wisconsin Cheese™ badge on packaging nationwide. To learn more about Wisconsin Cheese, makers, pairings and view hundreds of recipes,
or follow @WisconsinCheese on social media.