EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WEAU) --
• Now in its 101st year, the Girl Scout Cookie Program is the world’s largest entrepreneurial program for girls in the world. Girls get to be the boss!
• At a time when the discussion of women in leadership is everywhere, the Girl Scout Cookie program is more relevant than ever!
• The Girl Scout Cookie program is more than meets the eye! While fun and an opportunity for girls to earn money for their troops, it helps the next generation of girl entrepreneurs get an important taste of what it takes to be successful—teamwork, planning, and a positive outlook (for starters).
• The Girl Scout Cookie Program powers amazing adventures for girls like high adventure wilderness trips, robotics labs, or funding a community service project they created themselves.
• Many alumnae tell us that their experience selling Girl Scout Cookies was a critical first step on a path to success in their life and career. The Girl Scout Cookie Program is powering the next century of girl leaders toward an amazing future.
• By participating in the Girl Scout Cookie Program, girls develop five key skills that they can use throughout their lives:
o Goal Setting
o Decision Making
o Money Management
o People Skills
o Business Ethics
• Don’t cookies taste better when you know you are supporting a girl’s dreams?
Return of the popular S’mores Cookie plus all the Favorites
• Return of the Girl Scout S’mores™ cookie which was the most popular launch of a new cookie in Girl Scout Cookie history.
• This year we will have all your favorites – the Thin Mints, Caramel De-Lites, Peanut Butter Patties, Peanut Butter Sandwiches, Shortbreads, Lemonades, and Thanks-A-Lots. We also have the brand-new Girl Scout S’mores Cookie! These delicious treats are all $4 per box.
• Our gluten-free cookies are back again! Trios have chocolate chips nestled in a gluten free peanut butter oatmeal cookie! Trios will be available during the direct sale portion of the Girl Scout Cookie Program (cookie booth season!). Trios are $5 per bag.
Digital Cookie helps girls sell online.
• Girl Scouts offers Digital Cookie option for the third year. Girls may choose to sell cookies via an online platform called Digital Cookie.
• Digital Cookie still requires the girls to initiate contact but this tool allows the girls to set up their own cookie business website and directly invite customers they know in other markets to purchase from them online.
• The Digital Cookie component expands upon the five skills by providing hands-on experience with online marketing, app use, website customization, and e-commerce.
• It is not intended to replace the proven tried and true, door-to-door method of cookie sales but to provide another option for out of town friends and family who may wish to support their cookie business.
Where Does the Money Go?
• 100 % of the proceeds stays local! All of the money earned stays within each community.
• A portion pays off the baker, a portion supports the local Girl Scout Council and the rest goes to the Troops to fund amazing adventures for girls.
• That means you’re not only supporting girls’ success, but the success of your community too! Whether it’s a trip to a breathtaking place they’ve never been before, an opportunity to attend Girl Scout camp and revel in the power of the great outdoors, or the chance to try something new, every experience helps them find the G.I.R.L. (Go-getter, Innovator, Risk-taker, Leader)™ within to do amazing things for herself and for her community.
Cookie Pro Contest
• This year Girl Scouts can enter the Girl Scout Cookie Pro Contest.
• To be eligible girls must submit their personalized Cookie Resume and a photo.
• Six girls nationwide, one per Girl Scout grade level, will be named a top cookie pro for 2018 and get the epic chance t be featured on the Girl Scout Cookie package and travel to New York City for an all-expenses-paid Cookie Entrepreneur Experience!
• Winners announced in June.
• Door-to-door sales begin Friday, January 19.
• Cookie delivery begins the first weekend in March
• Booth sales begin March 3rd nd go until April 1
• Cookies are $4 a box. ($5/bag for gluten-free Trios)