CHIPPEWA FALLS, Wis. (WEAU)— Wisconsin Game Fest is heading to Chippewa Falls September 7-8.
CHIPPEWA FALLS, WI (April 9, 2019): The largest outdoor sport and recreation show in the state is coming to the Northern Wisconsin State Fairgrounds in Chippewa Falls on September 7 & 8, 2019. The event is now registering exhibitors, sponsors, attractions, and contracting with non-profit organizations for volunteer opportunities.
“This event is something the state of Wisconsin hasn’t seen before,” said Cooper, General Manager of Wisco Events which is producing the show. “Traditional sport shows are held indoors in the winter, and smaller events are held outdoors during the warm weather months, but this incorporates four indoor exhibit and display buildings for businesses, retails and non-profits along with the entire 50 acres of outdoor display and activity space that the fairgrounds have to offer.”
Activities scheduled for this fall’s event include:
• North America Diving Dogs presented by Ace Hardware. Dock diving activities for competitive and amateur dogs.
• Steve Porter’s Live Trophy Deer. Three record holding live bucks will be on display with their sheds from past seasons. The Porters will provide deer hunting and farming presentations all weekend.
• Petting Zoo. Included with the price of admission.
• Wisconsin Buck and Bear Club trophy scoring. Available all weekend along with a display of state record holding mounts.
• Westgate Sportsman’s Club shooting competitions. Youth and adult air rifle and pistol competitions will take place both days.
• Archery building. Indoor archery demonstrations.
• Food trucks and beer gardens. A variety of food and beverage options on the grounds including the beer garden at the Leinenkugel’s Pavilion.
• Live entertainment. Presentations, seminars, demonstrations, and music.
• Tropic Waters’ Dog stage. Dog training demonstrations, hunting dog field trial presentations, fly ball, and other dog activities will be presented all weekend.
• Rough Fish Assassin’s Bowfishing Tank. Bowfishing attraction for guests to try their hand shooting mechanical carp in the large freshwater tank.
• DNR youth shooting trailer.
• Sunday morning worship service. Local worship band 513FREE will provide a service Sunday morning one hour before the event opens to the public. All guests at the Sunday morning service will receive free admission to Game Fest when the doors open to the public at 10 AM.
• More activities scheduled each week!
Event hours will be Saturday, September 7 from 9 AM to 6 PM, and Sunday, September 8 from 10 AM to 4 PM.
In addition to over 100 business and retail displays, thousands of dollars in door prizes will be available to attendees. Admission will be $9 in advance starting July 1st for ages 12 and older, children 11 and younger are free. Admission is good for the whole weekend. Admission will be $12 at the gate. Advanced tickets are available at Jacobson’s Ace Hardware Stores in Eau Claire and Chippewa Falls. Also at Family Fare locations in Chippewa Falls and on Lake Wissota. Well behaved, leashed dogs are also welcome at the event with free, advanced registration is available online.