Amish feed mill business catches fire near Augusta

Published: Jan. 30, 2019 at 3:08 PM CST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

An Amish feed mill business caught fire Wednesday.

It happened around 4 a.m. on County Road M, south of Augusta.

According to the Augusta Fire Chief, a third of the building is a total loss, but they were able to save two additions that only sustained some damage.

Thankfully, no one was hurt, and no one got frostbite fighting the fire. The chief says they rotated firefighters to keep warm.

The cause of the fire hasn’t been determined, but investigators say it was likely from a wood stove failure.