EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WEAU)-- UPDATE: According to the incident report, one person was taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation after a fire at Best Western in Eau Claire.
When crews arrived they found a dryer on fire on the first floor of the hotel.
People were let back inside the hotel once it was cleared by crews. According to the report, the fire did not extend into the structure and crews worked to ventilate the hotel using positive pressure fans.
The damage is estimated to be around $15,000.
The fire remains under investigation.
Saturday afternoon, the Eau Claire Fire Department responded to a structure fire at the Best Western Plus Conference Center on Mondovi Road.
The fire was contained to a dryer unit, Eau Claire Fire Chief Allyn Bertrang said. The fire was extinguished quickly, but smoke remained throughout the building. Residents were evacuated, and Bertrang said that when the department finished clearing smoke, residents would be allowed back in.
The cause of the fire is under investigation, but Bertrang said they know it was contained to the dryer area. No injuries have been reported due to the fire.