NEW YORK (AP) -- Los Angeles prosecutors say they've launched a task force to evaluate allegations of sexual abuse in the entertainment industry.
District Attorney Jackie Lacey says in a statement Thursday that the task force will include specially trained prosecutors who will evaluate cases once they are referred to the district attorney's office for prosecution.
She says the task force is comprised of veteran sex crimes prosecutors who will review cases as they come in.
But Lacey says so far there have been no cases sent to the DA's office for criminal charges.
Lacey said earlier Thursday that her office was in touch with Los Angeles police and police in Beverly Hills as they investigate allegations of criminal wrongdoing against Harvey Weinstein. She declined to comment further on the status of the investigations.