LA CROSSE, Wis. (WEAU) -- Warmer temperatures are heading into the Midwest and The Salvation Army of La Crosse is opening their Cooling Center to the public this weekend.
If the heat index is over 90 degrees during the day, and if over 100 degrees at night the center will be open to the public.
The center will be open all day on Thursday and Friday.
Other locations are opening around the La Crosse areas:
• The Salvation Army facility, 223 8th St. N. will be open to the public tonight and then again tomorrow, Friday July 19th. Beginning this weekend and continuing into the future, if the heat index reaches 90 degrees during the day, they will open to the public. They will also open at night if the heat index reaches 100 degrees at night.
• La Crosse Center, North Hall, tonight, July 18th until 10pm, and tomorrow Friday July 19th from 8am-5pm.
• La Crosse Public Library; all three branches (Main, South and North) can be utilized during business hours as a designated cooling shelter.
• Southside Neighborhood Center will be open on Friday July 19th from 9am-1pm
• Black River Beach Neighborhood Center will be open on Friday July 19th from 9am-2pm