Pres. Trump says planning underway for July 4 parade or gathering

By  | 

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump is planning a new parade, possibly to replace a military procession he ordered up for Washington that was scuttled due to cost.

Courtesy: CNN VAN

Speaking at a Cabinet meeting, Trump says he's thinking about holding the event around July 4. He's calling it a "Salute to America" parade, but says it would be more of a gathering. The Lincoln Memorial is one site under consideration, and Trump says he'd like the event to become a tradition.

The bonus? Free fireworks. Trump noted that fireworks already light up the National Mall on July 4. He's put acting Interior Secretary David Bernhardt in charge of planning.

A military parade Trump wanted on Veterans Day last year was canceled after senior administration officials saw the estimated $92 million price tag.



 
The comment sections of our web set are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from the viewers but we are not obligated to post comments we feel inappropriate or violate our guidelines. Here are some of the criteria you should follow when posting comments:

Comments cannot be profane or vulgar. Children and families visit this site. We will delete comments that use profanity or cross the lines of good taste.

We will delete all comments using hate speech. Slurs, stereotypes and violent talk aren’t welcome on our web site.

Comments should not attack other readers personally.

We will delete comments we deem offensive, in bad taste, or out of bounds. We are not obligated to post comments that are rude or insensitive.

We do not edit user-submitted comments.

As a host WEAU 13 News welcomes a wide spectrum of opinions. However, we have a responsibility to all our readers to try to keep our comment section fair and decent. For that reason WEAU 13 News reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
powered by Disqus