MADISON, Wis. (UW RELEASE) -- The sixth-seeded Wisconsin volleyball team opened the 2018 NCAA tournament with a 25-9, 27-25, 25-15 win over Green Bay on Thursday night in the UW Field House.
- The Badgers improve to 23-6 on the season while Green Bay ends its year 20-11.
- Wisconsin improves to 44-21 in 22 years of the NCAA tournament, including 16-5 under sixth-year head coach Kelly Sheffield.
- Sophomore Sydney Hilley recorded her team-best 14th double-double this season with 36 assists and 12 digs. The 6-foot setter has six double-doubles in the last seven matches.
- Sophomore Molly Haggerty had 10 kill and 15 digs for her eighth double-double of the season and 17th of her career.
- UW has won its last seven matches, its longest winning streak of the season.
- Wisconsin will face Pepperdine in the second round of the tournament on Friday at 7 p.m. in the UW Field House. The winner of that match will advance to regional play.