Kentucky vs. Providence Predictions & Picks: Spread, Total - NCAA Tournament First Round
Friday's contest that pits the Kentucky Wildcats (21-11) against the Providence Friars (21-11) at Greensboro Coliseum has a projected final score of 75-71 (based on our computer prediction) in favor of Kentucky, who is slightly favored in this matchup according to our model. Tipoff is at 7:10 PM on March 17.
Based on our computer prediction, Providence projects to cover the 4.5-point spread in its matchup versus Kentucky. The over/under is listed at 143.5, and the two teams are projected to hit the over.
Kentucky vs. Providence Game Info & Odds
- Date: Friday, March 17, 2023
- Time: 7:10 PM ET
- TV: CBS
- Where: Greensboro, North Carolina
- Venue: Greensboro Coliseum
- Line: Kentucky -4.5
- Point Total: 143.5
- Moneyline (To Win): Kentucky -200, Providence +165
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM, the King of Sportsbooks!
Kentucky vs. Providence Score Prediction
- Prediction: Kentucky 75, Providence 71
Spread & Total Prediction for Kentucky vs. Providence
- Pick ATS:
- Pick OU:
Kentucky has gone 15-15-0 against the spread, while Providence's ATS record this season is 16-12-0. The Wildcats have a 19-11-0 record hitting the over, while games involving the Friars have a record of 14-14-0 when it comes to hitting the over. The teams average 153.2 points per game, 9.7 more points than this matchup's total. Kentucky is 6-4 against the spread and 6-4 overall over its past 10 contests, while Providence has gone 5-5 against the spread and 5-5 overall.
Put your picks to the test and bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook.
Kentucky Performance Insights
- The Wildcats are outscoring opponents by 7.1 points per game with a +225 scoring differential overall. They put up 75.1 points per game (97th in college basketball) and allow 68 per outing (119th in college basketball).
- Kentucky ranks ninth in college basketball at 36.2 rebounds per game. That's 9.3 more than the 26.9 its opponents average.
- Kentucky connects on 6.4 three-pointers per game (287th in college basketball) compared to its opponents' 6.6. It shoots 35.4% from deep while its opponents hit 33.1% from long range.
- The Wildcats rank 60th in college basketball with 98.4 points scored per 100 possessions, and 115th in college basketball defensively with 89.2 points conceded per 100 possessions.
- Kentucky has committed 10.8 turnovers per game (71st in college basketball play) while forcing 10.4 (311th in college basketball).
Providence Performance Insights
- The Friars have a +217 scoring differential, topping opponents by 6.8 points per game. They're putting up 78.1 points per game, 35th in college basketball, and are allowing 71.3 per outing to rank 218th in college basketball.
- Providence comes out on top in the rebound battle by an average of 5.8 boards. It records 35.1 rebounds per game (29th in college basketball) compared to its opponents' 29.3.
- Providence hits 6.7 three-pointers per game (258th in college basketball) at a 35.1% rate (126th in college basketball), compared to the 6.9 its opponents make, shooting 34% from beyond the arc.
- Providence and its opponents have been mostly even in the turnover battle. The Friars commit 11 per game (94th in college basketball) and force 11.4 (228th in college basketball).
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.