Marquette vs. South Florida Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament First Round
Published: Mar. 13, 2023 at 2:38 AM CDT|Updated: Mar. 15, 2023 at 6:39 PM CDT
Friday's contest at Colonial Life Arena has the Marquette Golden Eagles (21-10) squaring off against the South Florida Bulls (26-6) at 11:30 AM ET (on March 17). Our computer prediction projects a close 64-62 victory for Marquette, so expect a competitive matchup.
The Golden Eagles head into this matchup on the heels of an 81-52 loss to UConn on Sunday.
Marquette vs. South Florida Game Info
- When: Friday, March 17, 2023 at 11:30 AM ET
- Where: Colonial Life Arena in Columbia, South Carolina
- How to Watch on TV: ESPN2
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch college hoops and other live sports without cable!
Marquette vs. South Florida Score Prediction
- Prediction: Marquette 64, South Florida 63
Marquette Schedule Analysis
- On February 8, the Golden Eagles picked up their best win of the season, a 59-52 victory over the UConn Huskies, who rank No. 6 in the AP's Top 25.
- The Golden Eagles have four Quadrant 1 wins, tied for the 31st-most in the country. But they also have 10 Quadrant 1 losses, tied for the 24th-most.
- Marquette has six wins versus Quadrant 2 opponents, tied for the 20th-most in Division 1.
- According to the RPI, the Bulls have nine wins versus Quadrant 3 opponents, the most in the nation.
Marquette 2022-23 Best Wins
- 59-52 at home over UConn (No. 6/AP Poll) on February 8
- 68-61 over Texas (No. 15/AP Poll) on November 19
- 70-66 over Gonzaga (No. 19/AP Poll) on November 20
- 61-38 at home over St. John's (NY) (No. 55) on February 18
- 57-47 over St. John's (NY) (No. 55) on March 4
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
Marquette Performance Insights
- The Golden Eagles' +219 scoring differential (outscoring opponents by 7.1 points per game) is a result of putting up 65 points per game (181st in college basketball) while allowing 57.9 per contest (36th in college basketball).
- Marquette has averaged 1 fewer points in Big East action (64) than overall (65).
- At home, the Golden Eagles average 68.9 points per game. Away, they score 60.8.
- Marquette allows 52.8 points per game at home, and 63 away.
- The Golden Eagles are averaging 60.1 points per game over their previous 10 games, which is 4.9 fewer points than their average for the season (65).
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.