Brewers vs. Giants Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 28
The Milwaukee Brewers (27-25) will try to snap a three-game losing streak when hosting the San Francisco Giants (27-25) at 2:10 PM ET on Sunday.
The Giants will look to Alex Cobb (4-1) versus the Brewers and Colin Rea (1-3).
Brewers vs. Giants Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Sunday, May 28, 2023
- Time: 2:10 PM ET
- TV: BSWI
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Venue: American Family Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Cobb - SF (4-1, 2.17 ERA) vs Rea - MIL (1-3, 4.71 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Brewers Injury Report|
|Giants vs Brewers Betting Trends & Stats|
|Giants vs Brewers Player Props|
|How to Watch Giants vs Brewers|
|Giants vs Brewers Odds|
|Giants vs Brewers Prediction|
Brewers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Colin Rea
- Rea (1-3 with a 4.71 ERA and 29 strikeouts in 36 1/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Brewers, his eighth of the season.
- In his most recent appearance on Tuesday against the Houston Astros, the righty went 5 1/3 scoreless innings while surrendering four hits.
- During eight games this season, the 32-year-old has a 4.71 ERA and 7.2 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .235 to his opponents.
- Rea is trying to pick up his second quality start of the year.
- Rea will look to secure his seventh outing of five or more innings pitched this season. He averages 4.5 innings per appearance.
Colin Rea vs. Giants
- The opposing Giants offense has a collective .244 batting average, and is 17th in the league with 433 total hits and 17th in MLB play with 233 runs scored. They have the 13th-ranked slugging percentage (.415) and are sixth in all of MLB with 72 home runs.
- Rea has a 4.5 ERA and a 0.833 WHIP against the Giants this season in six innings pitched, allowing a .182 batting average over one appearance.
Giants Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Alex Cobb
- Cobb (4-1) will take the mound for the Giants, his 11th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up three earned runs and allowed six hits in seven innings pitched against the Minnesota Twins on Tuesday.
- The 35-year-old has pitched in 10 games this season with a 2.17 ERA and 8.1 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .272.
- He has five quality starts in 10 chances this season.
- In 10 starts this season, Cobb has lasted five or more innings seven times, with an average of 5.8 innings per appearance.
- Among qualified major league pitchers this season, the 35-year-old's 2.17 ERA ranks fourth, 1.310 WHIP ranks 48th, and 8.1 K/9 ranks 43rd.
Alex Cobb vs. Brewers
- The Brewers have scored 207 runs this season, which ranks 25th in MLB. They have 394 hits, 27th in baseball, with 62 home runs (12th in the league).
- The Brewers have gone 5-for-25 in one game against the right-hander this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.